Be prepared to eat several at one sitting and not feel guilty! And don’t forget the cup of coffee with plant-based creamer to go with it. Nothing like the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg filling the house when they’re in the oven. Happy autumn!
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes. Makes about 15-18 cookies
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Taste batter and adjust spices if need be.
- Using a Tablespoon size cookie scoop drop small rounded balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon or your fingers.
- Bake in the oven until lightly browned on the bottom. About 15+ minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your cookies.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then Enjoy!
*This recipe is adapted from Dishing Up The Dirt, which is adapted from Eating Clean Recipes.